Health is wealth and yoga shows the way in the body, mind and soul.
Kate Kuss has experienced how a dedicated and earnest yoga and meditation practice leads to a healthier life. Kate’s true love is sharing how we can take care of our body and mind and her classes are full of soul and steadiness. With over 1,600 hours of yoga teacher training, 500 hours of meditation training and teaching both students and teachers for over 8 years, Kate passes down yogic tools that we can be practiced both on and off the mat.
Based in New York City, Kate is honored and very blessed to be on this path.
- 200 hours with Kay Kay Clivio and Alanna Kaivalya- December 2010
- 100 hours mentor ship with Kay Kay Clivio – January 2011
- 20 hours of Restorative with Mary Aranas – July 2011
- 300 hours of Advanced Yoga Studies and Philosophy with Dr. John Campbell – December 2011
- 50 hours of Hot Power Training with Loren Bassett and Tanya Boulton – January 2013
- Heart of a Yogi Tour in India – September 2013
- 100 hours of Meditation Training Level 1 with Yogi Charu – October 2013
- 25 hours Yin Yoga Training with Ulrica Norberg – November 2013
- 21 hours Forrest Yoga Continuing Education with Erica Mather – March 2014
- 100 hour mentor ship with Yogi Charu – Winter/Spring 2014
- Hands on Assists with Ulrica Norberg – June 2014
- 100 hours of Meditation Training Level 2 with Yogi Charu – October 2014
- 30 hours Yin Yoga Training with Corina Benner – February 2015
- 30 hours Adjustment Intensive with David Regelin – February 2015
- Yin Weekend Immersion with Paulie Zink – June 2015
- 25 Yin Yoga Advanced Training with Ulrica Norberg – Summer 2015
- 22 hours Yoga Nidra ISHTA Teacher Training with Mona Anand – September 2015
- 40 hours Power Yoga + Meditation Teacher Training with Bryan Kest – November 2015
- Prana Vidya Meditation Training with Yogi Charu – April 2016
- 18 hours Stand Up Paddle Board Yoga Teacher Training with Jessica Bellofato – July 2017
- Upcoming: 70 Hours Living Tantra with Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, PhD – 2018
- My parents are my first teachers. I honor their guidance, compassion and love that they continue to shower upon me.
- Stefan Kuss – My husband is dedicated at everything he puts his mind to. Through his dedication and practice, he teaches me about patience.
- Kay Kay Clivio – Kay Kay is full of soul and being in her presence makes you feel grounded. I continue to learn and grow from her and I’m grateful. Kay Kay teamed up with WellCaster and has a 28 day journey available to everyone. Check it out here.
- Yogi Charu – Yogi Charu is pure light. He is a true guru and he is my meditation and spiritual guide. Check out his website for guided meditations and philosophy classes.
- Bryan Kest – Bryan is awesome. He asks his students to do less, not more. He is my asana teacher and every time I take his class, I feel like I am home.
- Ulrica Norberg – Ulrica is an artist. She is my Yin teacher who lives in Sweden and inspires me from across the ocean.
- Joshua Greene – Author of Gita Wisdom, Joshua Greene teaches me about the Bhagavad Gita. Check out his weekly podcasts.
Amazing people and places:
- Check out Totally Gorgeous. My sangha. Jill’s dedication to the traditional Hatha practice and authentic meditation practices are absolutely inspiring.
- Tanya Boulton – Tanya is so beautiful – inside and out. She inspires me with her killer music, ab/core workouts and wardrobe. Check out her yoga line tanya-b.
- Michael Hanz – Michael is powerful talent house. Check out his website for amazing products that he curated from the best of the best.
- Dr. John Campbell– John is an Assistant Professor of Religious Studies at UVa and a founding member of the Contemplative Sciences Center’s Directorate. He taught me about Ashtanga.
- Divya Alter – Divya devotes her life to living in balance. She taught me a lot about Ayurveda. If you want to learn how to cook Indian/Ayurvedic food, check her out in the East Village.
- David Regelin – David has a strong eye for alignment. His teaching style, cues and especially insight are unique and I appreciate what he has to offer to the yoga community.
- Mangala Buhler-Rose – Mangala is a henna design artist who is very talented. Her work speaks loud and clear.
- Kimberly Wyma – Kimberly is a real rock star. She writes and performs beautiful music. She’s a soul searcher and an amazing hair stylist. You can find her at Graceland in Brooklyn.
- Michelle Goldstein – I met Michelle in Santa Monica and she restored my faith in power yoga. I couldn’t give up on Power Yoga after I took her class. Check her out in CA.
- Jim Thorpe Yoga – Beautiful yoga studio in Jim Thorpe, PA with a great yoga community. I love teaching here because I get to hang out with the PA yogis.
- The Greenporter Hotel – If you need a getaway, try the North Fork of Long Island. I spent a huge part of my life out east and if you need a good nature fix, check it out. The best place to stay on the North Fork is The Greenporter Hotel. Back in the day, I was the bartender. I was told that I made the best cosmopolitans and dirty martinis.